Active sync and WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community ,

I am facing an issue with active sync under WEC7 and omap3730 board. The issue is this :-

When i connect the usb otg cable from device to my windows pc. windows pc detects it as client device (which is fine) but access the flash mount directory, hence every time i connect the device with pc i an able to access the flash mount directory from my pc and the directory on the device disappears while it appears again if i disconnect the cable from the pc.

There is no active sync pop up appearing on the device neither the pc shows it's trying to connect.

SYSGEN_AS_BASE and SYSGEN_AS_FILE is selected in catlog file for active sync. Looks like USB otg driver is ok as the pc is able to detect it as client device.

Not able to really figure out the problem, can any of you provide some pointer to resolve this issue ?

--- Misbah 

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    Friday, October 14, 2011 5:46 AM

Answers

• Are you absolutely sure that is the last entry in your reginit.ini and it is even included?

Check reginit.ini and search for DefaultClientDriver from the bottom up. I think you'll see the real default client driver is mass storage!

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.
    • Marked as answer by Misbah Khan Friday, October 14, 2011 12:35 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Misbah,

Just a guess SYSGEN_USBFN_STORAGE was not selected during SYSGEN and what about the default client driver refistry entry for USB Function?

Regards,

GSR

Friday, October 14, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Hi GSRid,

Thanks for the reply !

SYSGEN_USBFN_STORAGE is selected. Infact under USB function client, "USBFN Mass storage clients", "USBFN  RNDIS client" and "USBFN Serial Client is selected"

Default client driver registry for USB function is :-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers]
       "DefaultClientDriver"=- ; erase previous default
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers]
       "DefaultClientDriver"="Serial_Class"

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    • Unmarked as answer by Misbah Khan Friday, October 14, 2011 12:35 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Are you absolutely sure that is the last entry in your reginit.ini and it is even included?

Check reginit.ini and search for DefaultClientDriver from the bottom up. I think you'll see the real default client driver is mass storage!

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 10:00 AM
  • The other way is directly open the nk.bin (In CE7 IDE there is a menu I guess to open it) navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers path and check for the DefaultClientDriver entry.

Ideally the method described by Michel Verhagen also you can follow.

Thank You & Regards,

GSR

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Thanks Michel and GSRId !

its working now. Even though i made DefaultClientDriver  as serial_class, but i included "SYSGEN_USBFN_STORAGE" under which DefaultClientDriver  was over written as Mass_Storage_Class.

Thanks again !

--- Misbah

Friday, October 14, 2011 12:39 PM