none
Existing macros which no longer work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have existing, and very simple, VBA macros within Excel 2013, which have suddenly ceased to work.

The error message shown by each is "That command cannot be used on multiple selections." despite not having multiple selections at that part of the macro.

For example. 
    Range("A1").Select
    Sheets.Add

Have found some reference to existing issues, even suggesting that the installation of "Skype for Business" could be the cause. This was recently installed on my machine, and quite possible coincides with the timing that these macros stopped working.

Hopefully this is a known issue, and easily remedied, but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Sean.

• Moved by Steve Fan Friday, April 28, 2017 2:59 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Sean,

Based on my research, this error could be caused due to several reasons. Are you using the same version of Office and Skype for Business? What if we try to manually do what the macro does in Excel?

Since this issue could be more related to macros, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:58 AM
  • Hello,

To narrow down the issue, I would suggest you create a new workbook and a simple macro to test if the issue still exists.

Sub test()
    Range("A1").Select
    Sheets.Add
    End Sub

What is the detail version number of your office? Could you reproduce the issue in other computer?

If you think the installation of Skype for Business could be the cause, what is your version of Skype for Business?

If you uninstall the Skype for Business, would the issue be fixed?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:59 AM