confirmation page RRS feed

• Question

• User-146799434 posted

I have a applicatrion form with about 30 inputs with all client side asp field validators, when the user clicks submit, I want to display a confirmation page with all the values entered asking if they want to save the app as displayed (eg what they entered) or return to the (original) form to make changes. so if they confirm yes I process and return an acknowledgement (which I already have).

what is the easiest way? looks like I have to save all the inputs in session variables to populate the confirmation page. Not sure how to populate form1.aspx with the values from when it was submitted, when it is invoked from another page

so the pages would be:

form1.aspx - submit invokes confirm.aspx

confirm.aspx display all input from form1 with yes or no buttons, if submit = yes: invoke process.aspx, if submit = no: invoke form1.aspx with all fields populated with values from last submit

process.aspx, save data, etc etc, invoke ack.aspx

Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:46 PM

All replies

• User-1360095595 posted

You could create a class with 30 properties and fill it with the values from the input controls and store in session then read it back on the confirm page. 

You could also save the values in your database with a status field of pending. Then read the values back in your confirm page and if confirmed change the status to confirmed, otherwise you delete the record or keep it pending or change status to rejected. It really depends on what makes more sense for your scenario. 

Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:01 PM
  • User1182241144 posted

You can create a datatable in runtime and can store the values in it. also you can divide the page into two modes like view and add

If user click on submit button.. create a datatable and save the values in it.

shows those values in view accordingly.

take confirmation from user wheather he/she wants the save the value or want any modification.

according the choice you can do the things. if he wants to save the changes.. save that datatable in db

and if he wants any modification.. shows those values in relevant text boxes

HOPE it will help you.

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:10 AM
  • User-146799434 posted

thanks for the replies, looks like there is just no substitute for just setting 30 variables

Monday, March 25, 2013 11:33 PM