Silverlight won't play after being published RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Expression Web 3, my embedded Silverlight video plays perfect during the local preview, but after publishing it won't play on the website. You can right-click on the published page and get the silverlight configuration page, but the player never appears and the video never plays. Any help?

Sorry, here's the link:

www.wellnessclinic.ca

There are 2 silvierlight movies embedded, on the left and right bottom of the page, that are supposed to load but not play until clicked on.

I have no skill i n the webpage arena, just trying to get this to work.

Thanks.

• Edited by drlynes Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:55 PM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 11:55 PM

All replies

• No.

Read the BEFORE POSTING thread. You're missing some (a lot of) information we'll need to help, primarily a link.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:08 AM
  • No, we can't.  We have no idea what you've done.

Please read the "Before Posting" post before, well, posting.  We are not psychic and can't help if we have no idea what's on your page.  Post a link to the page.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:12 AM
  • My WAG (Wild Arsed Guess) is that you haven't uploaded everything you need to the server or there is something referencing your local computer instead of the site but w/o seeing the site who knows.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:46 AM
  • Or missing Silverlight mime types.

Or something else.

All of which emphasize: post a link.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:03 AM
  • Sorry, here's the link:

www.wellnessclinic.ca

There are 2 silvierlight movies embedded, on the left and right bottom of the page, that are supposed to load but not play until clicked on.

I have no skill in the webpage arena, just trying to get this to work.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:37 PM
  • All I can say is, "Wow." It's a pretty site, but eye candy isn't everything. When I open the page with my normal settings (using FF with NoScript), I see a blank page with no content at all. Nothing, not even any alt text! What's with the frameset? And not everyone wants a site built with Flash and Silverlight. I'm not even going to attempt to troubleshoot this, just because of the hoops I would have to jump through because of the structure.

Jim

Edit: Sorry, I'm really not trying to be rude, so please don't take offense. Hopefully someone else will help. I just wanted to point out that it could be a lot simpler, and that there isn't any other content for people like me who use NoScript or something similar.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:20 PM
  • Finally got a reply from my web host, they don't support Silverlight, so this issue is dead. Thanks to all that helped.
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:33 PM
  • Too bad. That means you'll stop listening now, and never know how many thousands of visitors can't use your site. Are you aware, just for example, that anyone viewing it with an "iDevice" (iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.) sees what Jim saw—nothing, since those devices don't support Flash.

Others, who restrict or disable scripting for security reasons, such as Jim, will get a blank page, as well. But, well, "It shore is pretty, Mable, ain't it? If only little Freddy with the bad back could see this... "

Shrug...

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:44 PM