Publish to Azure "The available user record has duplicate key values" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

After publishing my LightSwitch app to Azure, when I launch a screen in my SL client I get this error:

"An error occurred while running the screen" and when click to view the validation issue I see this message:

"Available user: The available user record has duplicate key values".

Please assist. Thanks.

Mark

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:08 AM

Answers

• Hi

I logged into Azure and deleted a single record that I found in a table that I was using and the error went away. I just assumed that on publishing all tables would be blank. I can only assume my app added the record.

I'll investigate further. Must be a "self-inflicted" incident ;-)

Thanks.

Mark

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi

I logged into Azure and deleted a single record that I found in a table that I was using and the error went away. I just assumed that on publishing all tables would be blank. I can only assume my app added the record.

I'll investigate further. Must be a "self-inflicted" incident ;-)

Thanks.

Mark

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:47 AM
  • Hi,

>>I logged into Azure and deleted a single record that I found in a table that I was using and the error went away.

The table is in Azure? If so, when we use table in Azure, we need to focus on the usage of the two properties:PartitionKey and RowKey.

PartitionKey – The PartitionKey property stores string values that identify the partition that an entity belongs to. This means that entities with the same PartitionKey values belong in the same partition. Partitions, as discussed later, are integral to the scalability of the table.

• RowKey – The RowKey property stores string values that uniquely identify entities within each partition.

You may get more details from:Real World: Designing a Scalable Partitioning Strategy for Windows Azure Table Storage

If you have any other issue about table in Azure in the further, I'd like to suggest you to post the question in Azure Forum for better help.

Azure Forum

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/home?category=windowsazureplatform%2Cazuremarketplace%2Cwindowsazureplatformctp

• We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:33 AM