none
Connecting to TFS server error 1002 and 1003

Question

• Hello to everyone. I have installed Windows server 2012R2 and SQL Server 2014 and TFS2015 update 2.1 on VMware workstation 12. I have VS 2015 on my laptop and when try to connect to TFS server on VM(Hyper-V), I get TFS 1002 and TFS 1003 errors(Unable to connect to TFS server.Client authentication required.) But before the errors pop up , it ask me for credentials and user name and password. I don't know what to enter for them! Which user name and password it wants?

Since I'm  very beginner , Any help would be much appreciated.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:06 AM

Answers

• Hi user2121,

>>I get TFS 1002 and TFS 1003 errors(Unable to connect to TFS server.Client authentication required.) But before the errors pop up , it ask me for credentials and user name and password.

If you want to connect to TFS, you need the permission to access the TFS. According to the error message. I think you don't have the TFS permission.

Please contact with TFS administrator and ask him to give the permission to access the TFS.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi user2121,

>>I get TFS 1002 and TFS 1003 errors(Unable to connect to TFS server.Client authentication required.) But before the errors pop up , it ask me for credentials and user name and password.

If you want to connect to TFS, you need the permission to access the TFS. According to the error message. I think you don't have the TFS permission.

Please contact with TFS administrator and ask him to give the permission to access the TFS.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:26 AM
  • Hi user2121,

Was your issue solved? If you have any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 1, 2016 8:52 AM