Lost pen input

Question

• Hi, I've installed Windows 8 on a Asus ep121. Everything was working well and then today, I could not use the pen input. I've rebooted, checked the system settings and restarted the TabletPC input service.

Onenote is less useful now :(

Anyways if anybody has an idea, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason P.

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• Twinsoul,

Since the manufacturers have not created drivers for Windows Developers Preview, I suggest you update to the most current Windows 7 driver.  You can download the most current drivers from the manufactures website http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Slate_EP121/#download.  

If that doesn't work, then try to install in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the problem.

You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Chris
    • Marked as answer by Twinsoul Friday, September 23, 2011 8:30 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:17 PM

All replies

• Twinsoul,

Since the manufacturers have not created drivers for Windows Developers Preview, I suggest you update to the most current Windows 7 driver.  You can download the most current drivers from the manufactures website http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Slate_EP121/#download.  

If that doesn't work, then try to install in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the problem.

You can do this by:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Let us know if this helps.

Chris
    • Marked as answer by Twinsoul Friday, September 23, 2011 8:30 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Thanks Chris!

Reinstalling the drivers in compatibility mode did the trick. Not sure what happen to lose the Pen Input but I'm glad to have it back.

Thanks Again
    Jason P.

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:39 PM