Can't add Custom Toolbox Item to Build Process Template RRS feed

• Question

• I do work on projects that have both VB6 and .NET components, the current method for building these projects is to build the VB6 components and the .NET components separately by hand. With moving forward into automated builds it's very important to be able to automate the separation of the VB6 and .NET components and pass them off to their respective build clients (VB6.exe and MSBuild). I've added some custom tools to the toolbox that will set the appropriate parameters to pass the VB6 code off to VB6.exe, however whenever I go to add my custom tool to the workflow I get the not allowed symbol and nothing happens. I've checked the custom tools into my team's TFS server and set the build controller's Version Control path to custom assemblies to the tools that I checked in. We're using TFS 2013 and Visual Studio 2010 with the custom tools being the latest Community TFS Build Extensions. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:23 PM

Answers

• however whenever I go to add my custom tool to the workflow I get the not allowed symbol and nothing happens.

If this is problem during pass parameters in workflow, Workflow tracing offers a way to capture diagnostic information using .NET Framework trace listeners. Tracing can be enabled if a problem is detected with the application and then disabled again once the problem is resolved. See: Workflow tracing

In addition, you can also consult TFS experts in TFS forum, perhaps TFS can give some suggestions to troubleshoot this issue.

With regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 2, 2015 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:33 AM