none
"SAFETY SETTING ON THIS COMPUTER PROHIBITS ACCESSING A DATA SOURCE ON ANOTHER DOMAIN!!HELP!!

Question

• I have a single page application which use angular js,  and activeX object to access MS-ACCESS data base in the back end. The data base and .html page are located in same folder in LAN. While i am opening the .HTML file from the LAN using internet explorer it is working fine. it can read and write data from the MS-ACCESS data base. but while my friend who has read/write access to the same location is opening the .HTML file the file is opening but it can not read/write to the data base. it shows "SAFETY SETTING ON THIS SYSTEM PROHIBITS ACCESSING DATA FROM OTHER DOMAIN" . I don't have  authority to change security settings on internet explorer. i am using windows 7. Please HELP!!HELP!! Thank you in advance. 

• Edited by happysusant Friday, March 10, 2017 10:24 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could try to change the security settings in IE:

1. Go to Internet options > Security > Internet and Local Intranet.
    2. Select Custom Level.
    3. Under the Miscellaneous section, select enable for Access data source across domains.
    Friday, March 10, 2017 10:49 AM
  • unfortunately i dont have authorization to change internet option setting. If any other way to do the same please tell!!!
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:31 AM