none
Develop 1394b device driver using WDF RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everyone. I'm a beginner of WDF, and try to develop a driver of our 1394b device. Now, i'm debugging the sample project supplied by Microsoft. This project can simulate virtual 1394b device. However, i can not implement the ALLOCATE_ADDRESS_RANGE function. The error is "AllocateAddressRange failed= 0xC000000d(STATUS_INVALID PARAMETER)".

i'm remote debugging the code using VS2012 and WDK8.0. 

Thanks a lot for your kindly help.

Monday, May 19, 2014 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi -

The best suggestion is to check out the KMDF Sample driver and use that as a model, if you haven't already.  The "WDF Hybrid 1394 Virtual Device Sample Driver" uses ALLOCATE_ADDRESS_RANGE object in a few places. 

Unfortunately I have something going on with my account right now that prevents me from including links in my replies, so:

This is the VS2013/WDK8.1 version of the sample - the relevant code is not changed since Windows 8.0 WDK: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/WDF-1394-Virtual-Device-675a0f8f

The project is also part of the Windows Driver Kit 8.0 Samples bundle, which would give you a solution file for VS2012: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/Windows-Driver-Kit-WDK-80-e3161626#content

Hope this helps,

Michael

Monday, May 19, 2014 7:53 PM
  • Hi, Michael

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply. In these days, I keep working on this "WDF Hybrid 1394 Virtual Device Sample Driver". The "AllocateAddressRange failed= 0xC000000d(STATUS_INVALID PARAMETER)" message happens when i click “Async Commands->Allocate Address Arrange”. All the parameters are using default value which set in the code. This kind of "0xC000000d(STATUS_INVALID PARAMETER)" problem also appears on the "1394 Commands->Set Device Xmit Properties ". 

Could you give me some more suggestions and help to solve these problem? 

Appreciate your help.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:57 AM