none
Form Region Not Showing When Switching from a Task to a Assigned Task RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to figure out why this is happening:

I Create a new Task and my Form Region is there.

It is fine also if you initially create a New Task Request.

However,  say you create a New Task.

when I press the 'Assign Task' button on the Ribbon, my region is gone.

If I press Cancel Assignment, the region is still gone.

I set FormRegion1Factory_FormRegionInitializing to do a messagebox popup, and it never pops up on these.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:45 PM

Answers

• I tried some various registry edits and nothing helped.   I'll just ask users to use 'New Task Request' the first time around, or close and re-open the task after sending/saving to use the form region.   I swear I searched for this problem, but anyway I found this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsto/thread/fca48cc9-c38f-4504-a39f-fa6e0c37ae54

and it would seem its an ongoing known problem.  Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Nerds Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:51 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 3:51 PM

All replies

• For which MessageClass or MessageClasses did you register your form region? Did you register it for task assignments?

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Nerds" <=?utf-8?B?TmVyZHM=?=> wrote in message news:3d86f5f5-7928-4abf-af8f-c2e3b2af8b1d...

I can't seem to figure out why this is happening:

I Create a new Task and my Form Region is there.

It is fine also if you initially create a New Task Request.

However,  say you create a New Task.

when I press the 'Assign Task' button on the Ribbon, my region is gone.

If I press Cancel Assignment, the region is still gone.

I set FormRegion1Factory_FormRegionInitializing to do a messagebox popup, and it never pops up on these.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:03 PM
  • I've got it registered to ones shown below, although I do not see one specifically for TaskRequests.

I went through and created a new add-in & form region to see what it is called so I can add it into my existing project but I did not see an option for including Task Request.

[Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Appointment)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Contact)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Note)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.DistributionList)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Post)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Task)]

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:11 PM
  • I'm not sure if it's available with the VSTO form region designer.

The various task type items and their MessageClasses. You can see what's actually registered in the FormRegions registry setting. Not all types will support form regions, some are hidden types.

IPM.Task     Tasks

IPM.TaskRequest.    Accept Responses to accept task requests

IPM.TaskRequest.Decline     Responses to desline task requests

IPM.TaskRequest     Task requests

IPM.TaskRequest.Update     Updates to requested tasks

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Nerds" <=?utf-8?B?TmVyZHM=?=> wrote in message news:75d1e510-da73-428e-96b8-1acf636f049a...

I've got it registered to ones shown below, although I do not see one specifically for TaskRequests.

I went through and created a new add-in & form region to see what it is called so I can add it into my existing project but I did not see an option for including Task Request.

[Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft..Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Appointment)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Contact)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Note)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.DistributionList)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Post)]
            [Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClass(Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook.FormRegionMessageClassAttribute.Task)]

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:30 PM
  • I tried some various registry edits and nothing helped.   I'll just ask users to use 'New Task Request' the first time around, or close and re-open the task after sending/saving to use the form region.   I swear I searched for this problem, but anyway I found this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsto/thread/fca48cc9-c38f-4504-a39f-fa6e0c37ae54

and it would seem its an ongoing known problem.  Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Nerds Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:51 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 3:51 PM