Detect keyboard language change

Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to figure out a way to detect changes in keyboard language (e.g. when user presses alt+shift, or when he changes the language on the touch keyboard). So does anyone know anything that does that?

I am aware of the CurrentInputMethodLanguageTag property, but I need some sort of event to notify me. I don't want to keep polling the result, because, well:
    - This is a terrible idea
    - This will drain the battery

I am also aware of the ItfLanguageProfileNotifySink, I tried to implement it, which it needs interfaces and definitions that are not defined in Win Store Apps, to which I copied the desktop definitions to be able to run, and then I got some weird results (or no results at all).

If there's no way to do that, then my God that was a terrible decision to leave it out!

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• What is your scenario? As has been asked on your previous threads, what are you trying to achieve with the notification?

Can you check the language just when needed rather than polling?

--Rob

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:39 AM
    Owner
  • I have a big field where a user can enter text, and on the side there's a panel that has localized information. This panel will change when the user changes the language, to show relevant information. I need to know that the language has changed to update it accordingly, and to do it as soon as it did change, because otherwise it won't make any sense.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:52 AM