none
Excel crashes during Excel.run - OfficeJS RRS feed

• Question

• My Excel crashes any time a function with Excel.run(function (ctx) {... is run. I've done quite a bit of testing and Excel.run always seems to trigger the crash. The add-in works on other computers, but not mine. I am on the latest version of Windows 10, latest version of Excel, have un-install / re-installed Office. Some other third-party add-ins seem to crash Excel as well. Is there a known bug that would be causing this?
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Evan OnGrid,

I can see that you had only posted the description of the issue.

Which version of Excel you are using? I guess Excel 2016?

what is the Exact version of Excel? it will help us to narrow down the issue.

are you using MSO or click to run?

if possible then try to post your code , so that we can try to make a test with it on our side.

I suggest you to first remove all addins.

then try to test your addin and check whether you are able to reproduce the issue or not.

also let me know , what is the difference between your machine and other machine where this same addin is working.

when Excel get crashed , did you got any error message? if yes then let me know about it. it can help us to get more specific information regarding the issue.

please try to provide above mentioned details.

we will try to provide you further suggestion.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:31 AM
  • This was Excel Version 1707 (Build 8326.2107 Click-to-Run). I just updated to Version 1708 (Build 8431.2079 Click-to-Run) and the issue is gone. I assume something was resolved between versions.
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:27 PM
  • Hi Evan OnGrid,

I can see that updating an Excel solves your issue.

I suggest you to mark your last post as an answer.

so that we can close this thread.

until you mark the answer, we are not able to close this thread and it will remain open.

it will also help other community members, who will have same kind of issues in future.

thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 12:21 AM