none
What happened to the other thread? RRS feed

All replies

• Hany Metry the person started the thread was marking a good deal of replies as abusive (unless I miscounted 7 in total) and so no end to this. Usually when this happens it's a downward path and nobody benefits from the this.

Those marked "Flagged abusive " were not as I see it.

Here is one of them

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Hany Metry the person started the thread was marking a good deal of replies as abusive (unless I miscounted 7 in total) and so no end to this. Usually when this happens it's a downward path and nobody benefits from the this.

Those marked "Flagged abusive " were not as I see it.

Here is one of them

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Hany,

Did you mark my post as abusive and if so why?

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:43 AM
  • I placed a link for this post into the locked post. If Hany can explain their actions I will re-open the other thread.

On a side note, if this was stack overflow Hany's actions would not be tolerated at all.

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:48 AM
  • I placed a link for this post into the locked post. If Hany can explain their actions I will re-open the other thread.

On a side note, if this was stack overflow Hany's actions would not be tolerated at all.

StackOverFlow

I think we can all discuss it and all will be fine.

I will stay out of Hany's threads if my comments are a problem.

New threads have been posted no need to open the old one I think.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Hi All,

I was nerves because every thread he said you need to learn and you need to learn to debug and you need to work harder assuming that I am a child in a school.

Also he said that is instruction assuming that he is my boss.

His replies should be related to the post only and not related to learn , instruction and work harder........

Kind Regards

Hany Metry

• Edited by Hany Metry Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:38 PM add
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Hi All,

I was nerves because every thread he said you need to learn and you need to learn to debug and you need to work harder assuming that I am a child in a school.

His replies should be related to the post only and not related to learn , instruction and work harder........

Kind Regards

Hany Metry

You are wrong! The onus is on YOU to provide enough information and example code  to enable the contributors here to understand and offer assistance.

For example you write in another thread - 'The program hang at the line .........', please explain how you expect any reader to understand the problem from that? What is 'hang'? Do you have Option Strict On at the top of your code? Did you try a breakpoint on the line and see what the values of the variables were? Did you actually get an exception?  Did you try any other ways to find the issue?

As you can see, when you write a small sentence that raises so many questions, can you understand why contributors have such a difficult time trying to help you? We do want to help, and enjoy helping, but we need you to do the work. We can only help, not read minds.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:00 PM
  • Hi All,

Kind Regards

Hany Metry

Hany,

Sorry if you think I am not helping.

I think you are being too sensitive. Maybe even should trust that I tell you my opinion to help you.

Perhaps I am too sarcastic and you dont see my real meaning or think I am funny.

I will try to improve.

But I am not trying to hurt you. I try to help you by telling you what is important.

BTW, why is it you can act like my boss and tell me your opinion but when I do it your get nerves and mark it as abuse?

I don't mark your posts as abusive. I tell you what I think and let you respond.

:)

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:12 PM
  • Hi All,

Kind Regards

Hany Metry

Hany,

Sorry if you think I am not helping.

I think you are being too sensitive. Maybe even should trust that I tell you my opinion to help you.

Perhaps I am too sarcastic and you dont see my real meaning or think I am funny.

I will try to improve.

But I am not trying to hurt you. I try to help you by telling you what is important.

BTW, why is it you can act like my boss and tell me your opinion but when I do it your get nerves and mark it as abuse?

I don't mark your posts as abusive. I tell you what I think and let you respond.

Hi Tommy,

Yes you are very very sarcastic.

Please don't be sarcastic and when you have an idea to solve the problem, Just write your idea and I will try it.

never mine

Kind Regards

Hany Metry

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:04 AM

• Hi Tommy,

Yes you are very very sarcastic.

Please don't be sarcastic and when you have an idea to solve the problem, Just write your idea and I will try it.

never mine

Kind Regards

Hany Metry

Ok.

Then you remember we are not your slaves.

Why should I do what you want if you do not do what I ask? That is not equal partners.

Buddha said we should accept things as they are, then tell our feelings.

I tell you my feelings what you do with them is up to you.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Hello,

This is your previous question,  dear Hany. Tommy is enthusiastic about providing you with a solution. If it is useful, it is recommended that you do not mark it as an answer and then unmark it, or mark it as inappropriate, although you have the right to do so.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8f8f70ec-9a87-43c2-9ae8-957dc9c97927/how-to-draw-by-mouse-a-polygon-of-any-shape-snap-to-grid-or-not-snap-to-grid-the-snap-maybe-off?forum=vbgeneral

This will reduce the enthusiasm of the community, they are all enthusiastic to help.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Hello,

This is your previous question,  dear Hany. Tommy is enthusiastic about providing you with a solution. If it is useful, it is recommended that you do not mark it as an answer and then unmark it, or mark it as inappropriate, although you have the right to do so.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/8f8f70ec-9a87-43c2-9ae8-957dc9c97927/how-to-draw-by-mouse-a-polygon-of-any-shape-snap-to-grid-or-not-snap-to-grid-the-snap-maybe-off?forum=vbgeneral

This will reduce the enthusiasm of the community, they are all enthusiastic to help.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Hello,

Tommy solution is 80% of the solution but I was have troubles to modify it because it is the first time trying to write a code to draw by mouse and I was want Tommy assist me more but he refuse and said that, you must work harder.

Any how you mark it as an answer to help others and even I changed the code of my project to avoid input data by mouse and up till now and maybe till next 3-4 months, I will not try to look to that thread and if you will not mark Tommy solution as an answer, I will mark it as an answer.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

• Edited by Hany Metry Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:15 AM adjust
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Tommy,

When I saw this thread I thought to remember the person who started it. Always demanding in an ordering way and offending those who reply. 

At the end this person marks an own reply as answer. 

After some time you see the person back with your code while writing something as. 

"I made a program ......................................."

I thought it was this person.

A pity is that it seems that Microsoft is not handling these things anymore. Moderators are just code droppers to make a copy and past culture possible.  

Success
    Cor

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Tommy,

When I saw this thread I thought to remember the person who started it. Always demanding in an ordering way and offending those who reply. 

After some time you see the person back with your code while writing something as. 

A pity is that it seems that Microsoft is not handling these things anymore. Moderators are just code droppers to make a copy and past culture possible.  

Success
    Cor

Yeah. Well there are always two sides to it.

These days I just say ok fine. No one is forcing me to answer.

What can be done? Bar members from the forum? I am not sure that is the answer either. It depends...

The admin barred me forever from vbforums for suggesting the way they cut up links was awkward. I was told if I did not want to make a proper link then they did not want me or need me on their precious forum.

Ok fine. So I told the admin that said it, steve jones, is a Jerk for saying that. Then I broke up with them and left the forum.

Then the admin I called a jerk tried to pretend they barred me.

But it was I that broke up with them.

PS I should say they barred me from vbforums for calling someone a jerk.

Their loss. When was the last time someone posted a pretty picture on that forum? They beat on me from the first time I posted there. I saw it from both sides.

So same goes here. I dont have to answer on the forum if we dont like it. Very simple.

And I don't think there should be a supreme leader that bars users without letting them respond. Just like this stupid anonymous whistleblower thing...

I realized when we were upset a few years ago about possible malacious code postings. Not much can be done. We have to police ourselves. We dont have to respond or even look.

And its like darnold... cant get rid of them if they dont want to... not that I have any problem with darnold...

And finally it seems we want to attract folks to the forum not scare them away.

Hany does have fun questions sometimes and if they get frustrating tell our feelings nicely or  just dont answer.

And on and on...

Accept as is... tell your feelings.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Tommy,

Success
    Cor

Yeah. Well there are always two sides to it.

These days I just say ok fine. No one is forcing me to answer.

What can be done? Bar members from the forum? I am not sure that is the answer either. It depends...

The admin barred me forever from vbforums for suggesting the way they cut up links was awkward. I was told if I did not want to make a proper link then they did not want me or need me on their precious forum.

Ok fine. So I told the admin that said it, steve jones, is a Jerk for saying that. Then I broke up with them and left the forum.

Then the admin I called a jerk tried to pretend they barred me.

But it was I that broke up with them.

Their loss. When was the last time someone posted a pretty picture on that forum? They beat on me from the first time I posted there. I saw it from both sides.

So same goes here. I dont have to answer on the forum if we dont like it. Very simple.

And I don't think there should be a supreme leader that bars users without letting them respond. Just like this stupid anonymous whistleblower thing...

I realized when we were upset a few years ago about possible malacious code postings. Not much can be done. We have to police ourselves. We dont have to respond or even look.

And its like darnold... cant get rid of them if they dont want to... not that I have any problem with darnold...

And finally it seems we want to attract folks to the forum not scare them away.

Hany does have fun questions sometimes and if they get frustrating tell our feelings nicely or  just dont answer.

And on and on...

Accept as is... tell your feelings.

Hi Tommy,

Sorry if I made problems for you.

You are the most one in the Forums which assist me and without your reply, I was not able to continue doing programs.

If I will success at at any day in the future, you will be number one of that success.

I never see contributor in the Forums more than you or at least with respect to my questions. 

Sorry again Mr Tommy.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:26 AM
  • Hany,

Ok. Thank you.

You did not cause me problems.

I like talking about things and I did not know twas you pressing the abuse button.

Now we know.

Thanks Karen for letting us discuss it.

I feel when all are done with the discussion we can wish this thread to the cornfield if you like.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:35 AM
  • Hany,

Ok. Thank you.

I like talking about things and I did not know twas you pressing the abuse button.

Now we know.

I feel when all are done with the discussion we can wish this thread to the cornfield if you like.

Hi Tommy,

Some times the correct solved example learn me much than any un-complete answer.

It look like solved example.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

Friday, November 15, 2019 5:54 AM
  • Hany,

Ok. Thank you.

Now we know.

Dear Tommy,

By your reply (especially the annotation answer at July 2016), I was not find the answer at any location.

Nothing at annotation give me any correct solution.

If you did not answer me the annotation, I was present my program very bad (by load value instead of annotation number) but I was completed doing program any how (but not in good level like annotation number of chart) but I still may need your push at zoom window to enlarge graphics.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

Friday, November 15, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hi Mr Tommy,

I decide to input all the project by mouse and able to modify what input by mouse (Reinforcement and shape).

I will finish the current version of the program between  7 Dec. 2019 to 14 Dec. 2019.

Then I will take Champix to stop smoking, started from 7 Dec. 2019 and I will stop smoking by between 16 Dec. 2019 to 17 Dec. 2019.

I will take a rest from the work for maybe a week or 11 days from 16 Dec. 2019 to 22 Dec. 2019 or 26 Dec. 2019.

After take a rest, I will study your examples good and try to pass that drawing project.

I asked 7 questions concerning input by mouse and modify what input by mouse.

You know what of my questions can get answered from your examples and you know approximately my level.

If you see that any of my questions can't answered form your examples or my thinking and assuming that I am searching for "15", please provide me with your reply to any not easy of my questions.

I think that, I can pass all the questions (but I am not sure 100%) except do pan by mouse.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

Monday, November 25, 2019 5:57 PM
  • Hi Mr. Tommy,

I will postpone develop column program by input and modify data by mouse till make new version of footing program as well as new version of pile cap program.

Kind Regards,

Hany Metry

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:49 PM
  • ............ and what did you have for breakfast?

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:53 PM