Error c03f1014 on renewing developer license

Question

• Hi all,

After installing the latest Windows Updates, on renewing my developer license for my machine I am getting an error - Error C03F1014.

All the support I've read states that this is related to an unauthorized copy of Windows 8, the strange thing is that this is a legitimate copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise N, purchased through my company's account, and renewing the developer license each time over the previous year has not been a problem.

Using PS all the commands related to developer license (show-, get-, etc.) all give exactly the same error.

My system time etc. is all correct for my locale, and I really don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 8.1 and VS2013.

Are there any solutions known? Is there a known problem with the dev-license service?

• Edited by robhenden Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:03 AM more details
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:00 AM

Answers

• Can you ensure that http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2913270 is installed?  That update fixes this issue.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:06 PM