none
Accessing shapes defined in add-in slides RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I have created a library of useful code and came up with a PowerPoint Add-In (.ppam) that works quite well using VBA code. It comes with its own ribbon, custom pictures, forms etc.

Now I got some useful shapes in my presentation (.pptx) that I transform into an add-in file (.ppam). How can I access those shapes when using the activated add-in? I gave each shape a name (e.g. "EggShape01"). Are those shapes somehow available after "compiling" the add-in file?

In particular, I am trying to establish a shape library using the gallery ribbon. Please note: Images are not helping. I could extract those from the image folder in the ribbon XML which I already use to have images in the gallery. I am looking into a solution to place custom shapes (group of shapes) onto my slides using my ribbon plug-in. 

Cheers,

Michael

Monday, June 11, 2018 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Michael,

>>Are those shapes somehow available after "compiling" the add-in file?

I think it is not possible. As far as I know, after saving the presentation as add-in file, all of the slides will be removed. So the shapes on these slide will also be removed after "compiling" the add-in file.

Why do you think images are not helping? I think what you want to do is to place your custom shapes on to your slides . So you could put all your images(shapes) in a folder and then use Shapes.AddPicture to add the picture as shape to the slides. Did I misunderstand anything?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:18 AM