none
Incorrect Help Link and Information Link of Installed Add-in via ClickOnce RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I used ClickOnce to distribute my Add-in for Microsoft Excel so in Programs and Features window when I clicked on my add-in, in the bottom of windows I see Help Link is "some-my-server.com/addin/my-addin-name.vsto" and Update Information link is the same.

This part of link  - some-my-server.com/addin/ - my update path for add-in(pass as parameter to MSbuild) but why vsto installer or something else writes these useless links in ARP properties? Can I specify Help and Update information links somehow(in clickonce or msbuild)?

• Edited by MaxSinev Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:24 PM changed title
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, this information is created by the ClickOnce automatically and it is not able to customization. More detail about application publishing and deploying please refer to link below:

Deploying Applications, Services, and Components

And if you still have problem about ClickOnce you can get more effective response from ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:20 AM