AD groups Only RRS feed

• Question

• This is a great help. Thanks for the post.
    I do have one question though.
    Problem:
    Instead of assigning a workitem to a specific user, how could someone assign a workitem to a specific AD group?
    That would allow anyone to pick up the work item and start action upon the request.

A list of AD groups needs to be known by the TFS server. The attributes in AD would be the MembersOf: field.

Anyone ?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Scot,

I don't think WIT support this feature dynamically. You have to hard code all possible users and their associated groups. 

In addition, one user can be in multiple groups. It is not possible to autofill it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:52 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2009 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Scot,

Do you want to only list AD groups or both users and groups in TFS valid users?
    This task can be done by customize the WIT and define the ALLOWEDVALUES in specified field.

Here are some examples for your to reference:

1. List all users and groups including AD and TFS groups in valid users:

<ALLOWEDVALUES expanditems="false" >
        <LISTITEM value="[Project]\Team Foundation Valid Users" />
    </ALLOWEDVALUES>

2. List predefined AD group names:

<ALLOWEDVALUES expanditems = “false”>
        <LISTITEM value=”DOMAIN\GROUPNAME1”/>
        <LISTITEM value=”DOMAIN\GROUPNAME2”/>
        <LISTITEM value=”DOMAIN\GROUPNAME3”/>
    <ALLOWEDVALUES/>

Please let me know if it helps. Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:59 AM
  • This works great thanks!
    Once a user is selected, can the group automatically be selected in a different field?

An example

Assigned to: Selection < user one>

Associated Working group: Autofill < group >

I have tried to use the "When" rule but the nesting is horrible.

Scot
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:30 PM
  • Hi Scot,

I don't think WIT support this feature dynamically. You have to hard code all possible users and their associated groups. 

In addition, one user can be in multiple groups. It is not possible to autofill it.

• Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:52 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2009 5:31 AM