Acer Inconia Tab W500 with Windows 7, Can I install windows 8 Preview !?

Question

• Hello,

Can I instell Windows 8 on my Windows 7 Acer Inconia !?

Will I lost my Windows 7 (Hidden Restore Partion)

thanks,

Dan

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:16 AM

Answers

• First please note:

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.

You can dual boot Windows 7 and 8. Backup important data first, and you should not touch your restore partition.

Here is a guide:

http://www.howtogeek.com/74335/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-and-windows-8/

• Marked as answer by דןמ Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:34 AM
  • It works perfectly at Acer IconiaTab, I'm writing this comment from it. I didn't do dual-boot, because of lack of disk space, but to get dual-boot you may just install win8 from flash-drive.
    • Marked as answer by דןמ Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:11 AM

All replies

• First please note:

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.

You can dual boot Windows 7 and 8. Backup important data first, and you should not touch your restore partition.

Here is a guide:

http://www.howtogeek.com/74335/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-and-windows-8/

• Marked as answer by דןמ Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:34 AM
  • It works perfectly at Acer IconiaTab, I'm writing this comment from it. I didn't do dual-boot, because of lack of disk space, but to get dual-boot you may just install win8 from flash-drive.
    • Marked as answer by דןמ Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks,

I am new to Acer Iconia.

I have 17.7GB free,

Do you think I can try to install dual boot windows 7 / windows 8 ?

If I want to Install again windows 7, Is there a hidden partion? Is a fresh install can erase that partion?

Thank You!

Dan

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

I have Install Windows 8 Preview on my Acer Iconia Tab - It is working great! windows is starting up very fast!

Thank You,

Dan

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Hello Dan,

Do you have multi-touch working in Metro?

Thanks,

Dale

Friday, September 23, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Hello Dale,

I can touch and scroll Metro, I can change Metro app order by moving with touch.

Maybe I dont understand your question, what kind of action do you ask?

Dan

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:44 PM

Did you use an external keyboard to comment?

Just wondering because my W500 won't display the on screen keyboard in this text field so I've paired to a Bluetooth keyboard to get around it.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:32 PM