Sharepoint InfoPath field validation fails in IE RRS feed

• Question

• We have an InfoPath form that suddenly stopped working in IE just in the last week.  Nothing has changed on the sharepoint server or clients machines in months, other than regular Windows updates which we push via WSUS.

The validation only appears to be failing on one rule, which is checking to make sure the user input an integer and it's greater than zero.  There is validation on other fields, to make sure they're not blank, and these work fine.

I have verified that the validation issue is also only specific to IE.  If we use Firefox to open the form it works perfectly fine and the validations work properly.

I did try re-publishing the InfoPath form through the designer, but this does not appear to have affected the issue either.

I have not had time to investigate much further, but I suspect it's a recent security update as we had several install just in the last few days.  My next step will be to remove some of these recent updates and see if one of them is causing the issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions here?

Thanks,

Kelly Shutt

Vargo Companies

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Kelly,

Have you verified this issue not cropping in other systems, and if it happens for all the users then I would suspect IE version upgrade.

may be you have to check for the IE version and Compatibility issues.

Hope this helps!
    Ram - SharePoint Architect
    Blog - http://www.SharePointDeveloper.in
    Please vote or mark your question answered, if my reply helps you

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:44 PM