none
How to pull images from external private docker registry? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we are developing some IoTEdge modules. If the docker images are stored in dockerhub (public) edgeAgent pulls them with success, otherwise if the images are hosted in our private docker registry (not in Azure) the download failed with "unauthorized: authentication required".  

We have configured module using azure portal with our docker registry credentials (IotEdge -> Set Modules -> Container Registry Settings ) but this seem not affect edgeAgent.

To exclude docker registry responsability we proved that in our PCs, after docker login,  we pull the images with success using docker or docker-compose.

We have the suspect that edgeAgent don't login using configured credentials. 

Any suggestion?

Thank you,
    Domenico

Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:17 PM

Answers

• Hi AshokPeddakotla-MSF, 

I solved removing "https://" from docker register address. 

Thank you,

Domenico

• Marked as answer by domenico_gfm Friday, July 12, 2019 3:47 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Domenico,

Are you deploying through VS? If yes, please update .env file with your credentials and see if it resolves your issue.

I understand that you have already added the credentials through set modules.

i.e. Under Your Azure IoT Hub portal --> Click IoT Edge -- > Choose your edge device --> Click Set modules. A screen comes up where you can add/edit your ACR credentials.

What do you mean by “but this seem not affect edgeAgent”?

Also, Please see the suggestions outlined in the Stack Overflow thread which addresses similar issue and see it helps.

Friday, July 12, 2019 3:01 PM
  • Hi AshokPeddakotla-MSF, 

I solved removing "https://" from docker register address. 

Thank you,

Domenico

• Marked as answer by domenico_gfm Friday, July 12, 2019 3:47 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 3:47 PM
  • Hi Domenico,

Thanks for sharing the resolution. This would certainly benefit other community members.

Monday, July 15, 2019 3:57 AM