SQL Server created when a basic database created RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning, I am currently trying to create a new Basi Tier SQL Database in azure, however, when I created one it also created a new SQL Server. My question is pretty simple, will I be charged as well for this new SQL Server that was created along with the database? from what I had read the hosting of a SQL Database in azure is shared, therefor I will share the resources along with other Azure user, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 16, 2015 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Mareigua - you will only be charged, by the hour, for the basic database. There are no charges for the server.  To answer your second question, although Azure SQL Database is a multi-tenant cloud service in which resources are shared amongst many databases, you will be given resource guarantees for your basic database (as well as standard and premium) to ensure a predictable performance experience.
    • Proposed as answer by Joseph Idziorek Friday, January 16, 2015 3:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mareigua Friday, January 16, 2015 3:56 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Mareigua - you will only be charged, by the hour, for the basic database. There are no charges for the server.  To answer your second question, although Azure SQL Database is a multi-tenant cloud service in which resources are shared amongst many databases, you will be given resource guarantees for your basic database (as well as standard and premium) to ensure a predictable performance experience.
    • Proposed as answer by Joseph Idziorek Friday, January 16, 2015 3:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mareigua Friday, January 16, 2015 3:56 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 3:52 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response, Joseph!

Friday, January 16, 2015 3:56 PM