Getting Requested Url? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i want to get the requested url automatically when user wanted to go a web site from web browser. Is it possible to detect the requested url ? Is there a way to watch web traffic?
    Friday, June 12, 2009 3:29 AM

Answers

• That's not a simple task. As far as I know IE Mobile does not support add-ons which could be a relative convenient way. You might need to create a network sniffer or firewall to filter the network traffic, but it's not a trivial task.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you talking about navigating url from web browser? Then please check this link.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxcompact/thread/b112fdbd-e18b-4084-9984-5fc80e04daaa

If my understanding is wrong, Please explain me.

Regards,
    Malleswar

Friday, June 12, 2009 6:01 AM
  • In OnNavigating You have proper EventArgs where You have Url property.
    Use it to strore those in log so device will send it to You later.

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered! Thank You.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:59 AM
  • My application will be working in background. When user opens Internet explorer or opera mobile and enters a url , my app will get the requested url. I want to learn which addresses does the user visit and then if it is not a legal web page, my app will prevent the connection. I want to make a mobile filter program actually.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 9:41 AM
  • That's not a simple task. As far as I know IE Mobile does not support add-ons which could be a relative convenient way. You might need to create a network sniffer or firewall to filter the network traffic, but it's not a trivial task.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:56 AM