none
Report Viewer: "The processing of Filterexpression cannot be performed" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating a project which connects remotely to a MySQL database. I created a report and put no filters or parameters on it whatsoever, just something that shows all the data.  When I go to generate the report in my program, I get the following message:

An error occurred during local report processing.
    An error has occurred during report processing.
    The processing of FilterExpression for the table 'table1' cannot be performed. Cannot compare data types of System.DateTime and System.String. Please check the data type returned by the FilterExpression.

I am a total newbie at all this, so I have no idea what a "FilterExpression" is. I haven't put any filters on it at all, and I'm not doing any comparisons with the date field at all. I'm completely baffled by this error and can't find anything online that matches my situation.  I want to eventually pass parameters so that the user of my application can generate reports based upon a date range and a few other columns, but right now I'm just trying to get the Reporting to work in the first place.  I'm running Visual Studio 2008 if that helps.  Thanks!
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:39 PM

All replies

• In report designer, select the table 'table1' in your report, and open the table properties dialog.  Go to the filter settings - is there a filter defined?

Robert Bruckner   http://blogs.msdn.com/robertbruckner
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:05 PM
  • There are no filters defined
    Friday, January 29, 2010 6:49 PM
  • Okay I've gotten it to work. I was pointing the ReportViewer to the wrong report. Thanks!  Now the problem is just when I try to specify parameters.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 6:54 PM