Product Key Activation Error RRS feed

• Question

• So I bought Expression Web and installed it on my computer. Later that day I received a virus and had to perform a system recovery. When I re-installed Expression Web, everything went smoothly until I entered my product key. It is coming up as invalid. What can I do?
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:01 AM

All replies

• Did the product key/activation work before the system recovery, or did the virus problem occur before you had the chance to actually activate the product?  If you did activate it before the virus issue, that proves at least, that the key is actually valid.  It might be that it won't allow you to reactivate by internet, and that you have to use the phone method of activation.

Is the message you see to the effect of, "This key is invalid" or "This key is already activated...."  (these are two separate issues -either one could the be problem in your case).

When entering the key, be sure that you're not confusing O with 0 (capital 'Oh' vs number 'zero'), or B and 8 (capital 'b' vs number 'eight'), or 1 and I (capital 'i' vs number 'one').  Also, the key is generally always upper case so make sure you're typing upper-case (caps lock on).

Note this is a user to user forum not MS support, so you may need to contact the official MS support line for specific assistance (they charge for support so also be aware of that). 

We can't give you a new product key or anything like that - only the MS Support people could reissue you a key, as long as you have your proof of purchase from the outlet you purchased from.

I'd make sure your anti virus is up to date too......and that you do a full system scan.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:50 AM