none
Need to open OpendialogBox of MS Project with VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement where in we need to open Open Dialog Box of MS project 2010 after which user can select whichever excel file he wants to open. Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:04 AM

Answers

• That should be possible by calling the FindFile method on the Project Application object.

By the by, this is strictly speaking not VSTO, so you may get better results (in future) in General Office Development.

• Marked as answer by Jay Deliwala Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:00 AM

All replies

• That should be possible by calling the FindFile method on the Project Application object.

By the by, this is strictly speaking not VSTO, so you may get better results (in future) in General Office Development.

• Marked as answer by Jay Deliwala Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:00 AM
  • Thanks a ton.This really worked for me.

The other thing which i want from this dialog box is to change its filter settings since findfile does not take any parameter value or allows me to set a value on the file text box below in the dialog box.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:41 AM
  • It seems like you may simply be able to call a method 'Filters' on the Application object.

Look at the Application object's methods. That's what I did (there are a lot...but it's interesting, and you learn more about what's possible, which will help in any future work).

• Edited by JosephFox Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:49 AM Changed hyperlink to point at Application members rather than the Filters method specifically
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:48 AM