Automated English Dictionary RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and a good day to the wholeTeam for a Good Job .

Im an undergrad from a university in London, studying Information system engr.,I have chosen to take up a rather challenging project which I can describes as:

An automated english dictionary with read and search options. The read which should just use javaApplet for interacting with the document, while the search should take the user to the page where the word in request is located, giving the user options to scroll up or down.

I know there are several online and digitized dictionaries, but the lot i have seen all just give the user a view with the meaning and description of the word on the screen, my is different such that it should take the user to the page where the word is located. An enhancement can be an All-in-One standalone system or handheld device that should contain basic academic dictionaries with read and search functions.

Still doing research on the project to find out what close to this has been developed and by whom. Was hoping I could get some advise, guidiance or constructive criticism form the your superior organisation.

I hope I ill be able to make a positive step towards actualizing the concept soon.

Look forward to your response,

Kind regards,

Mansur

Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:19 PM

Answers

•  

When you develop the prototype application, you need to understand the what you are looking for when design and develop an application. You need to understand the requirement what are you are going to develop, then you understand which technology is suitable for developing the prototype application.

As Mr Phijo Mathew Philip has mentioned in his query  , you application has to be very unique , then only their bussiness value for the product that you are going to develop. It makes alot of sense what Mr. Phijo Mathew Philip have mentioned in the post. Wish you good luck in developing the application.

Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi MansurMusa

Nice to know that you have taken up challenge . My question to your what makes your software product different from other product already available in the market ? This point you have already mentioned in your query.

My advice to you is do some thing very different that make your project stand out from rest of the software product that is already available in the market

You need to investigate and should come very new bright ideas that can implemented in your software product. That makes your software product or software project very unique.

Regards,
    Phijo Mathew Philip.

PHIJO MP
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Tank you very much Mr, Phijo Mathew Philip, for your response, and im very sorry it took me so long to reply. still very grateful. wud still need more advise from you if you sure u understand what Im trying to develop, then you would agree that for an academician, such a tool will surely save future generation some couple of seconds.

I call it an automated dictionary or digital dic, not like the one available online, this should give the same traditional feel like you reading an oxford standard dictionary, only here it should have search capabilities, and in future if i can pull this thru now, it will be advanced to an all-in-one dictionary in a handheld devise, with all dictionary from major academic fields.

Yes, I knwo such devices are available, but they all seem to summarise the meaning of the word you looking for, and cannot give you the result like you reading a standard dictionary.

Tanks once again, and now Its time i come up with a prototype.

Kind regards,  

Mansur E
    • Proposed as answer by PROGRAMMERLIVE Friday, October 23, 2009 5:28 AM
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:50 PM
  • Tank you very much Mr, Phijo Mathew Philip, for your response, and im very sorry it took me so long to reply. still very grateful. wud still need more advise from you if you sure u understand what Im trying to develop, then you would agree that for an academician, such a tool will surely save future generation some couple of seconds. 

I call it an automated dictionary or digital dic, not like the one available online, this should give the same traditional feel like you reading an oxford standard dictionary, only here it should have search capabilities, and in future if i can pull this thru now, it will be advanced to an all-in-one dictionary in a handheld devise, with all dictionary from major academic fields.

Yes, I knwo such devices are available, but they all seem to summarise the meaning of the word you looking for, and cannot give you the result like you reading a standard dictionary.

Tanks once again, and now Its time i come up with a prototype.

Kind regards,  

Mansur E
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 11:51 PM
  • I would like to comment on the idea of your handled device here..

Do consider these points while you are doing the prototype avoid using HTML, XHTML, usage of DIV will help in rendering correctly to an handled devices.

You may also need to work on different simulators available for devices. and finally have some unique blend to your work / project.

Cheers,
    Vishal Mohan

• Proposed as answer by Vishal Mohan Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:04 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:04 AM

• Hello and a good day to the wholeTeam for a Good Job,

I have decided to change my project type and the new project now is to develop a Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tool with c #, for creating, training and simulating artificial neural networks (ANN). To this project i have been able to get some helpful research materials and other CASE tools developed for ANN, but the major difficulty im facing is that the GUI should  have drag and drop features that will enable the user to design Neural networks more easily.

I really need advise and directions to where i can get information on developing drag and drop GUI. Some CASE tools i have researched on include:

1. Stuttgart Neural Network Simulator,
    2. Joone Editor,
    and a few others, but not actually sure how to make the GUI have drag and drop functionality.

Wud gladdly appreciate any help or direction, or even a book that can make claer on the steps i need to take.

Tanks and Blessed day,

Mansur M. Elakama

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:16 PM
  •  

When you develop the prototype application, you need to understand the what you are looking for when design and develop an application. You need to understand the requirement what are you are going to develop, then you understand which technology is suitable for developing the prototype application.

As Mr Phijo Mathew Philip has mentioned in his query  , you application has to be very unique , then only their bussiness value for the product that you are going to develop. It makes alot of sense what Mr. Phijo Mathew Philip have mentioned in the post. Wish you good luck in developing the application.

Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:05 PM
  •  

Always try to meet the expectations of the customer. Simple Suggestion

Helping People To Solve Technical Problems
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Mansur,
    What's really needed in the field of self-help language learning is a series, or several series, of "books" filled with chapter after chapter and article after article of exciting material and that use about six to seven thousand of the most common English words and business terms over and over in their different forms and with their most common definitions. In additon to that, all of those words need to be linked to an illustrated audio dictionary with a natural sounding voice spoken clearly and not too fast so that students can understand them and be able to practice saying them. Of course, making it possible for them to easily record themselves saying the words so that they can compare their speech with that of the program would be excellent too. Making them available for e-book readers would wind up making you a huge fortune if you are the first to produce such material with a high quality and attractive appearance. There's nothing like this on the market yet.
    Monday, January 4, 2010 5:59 AM