Blend bug? DynamicResources don't follow Drawing Brush to source RRS feed

• Question

• I just discovered (to my dismay) that any dynamically assigned colours turn into local resources when artwork is converted into a drawing brush.  Additionally, editing that drawing brush, going through and reassigning all the colours to dynamic resources, then tools-->edit brush resource-->move into source drawing brush does not keep the dynamic resources either--all of them are converted to local values.  This is problematic when those colours are tied into a custom 'skin' engine that alters certain elements of those graphics when the user changes a colour.

The only way I have found around this is to MANUALLY go into the resource dictionary containing my artwork and search for the colour hex code, and then manually type in the Dynamic Resource link in place of the local value.

Very time consuming--this must be a bug.
    Purkiss
    • Edited by Purkiss Friday, April 24, 2009 6:21 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:01 PM

All replies

• I will file a bug to track this feedback, thanks!
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:15 PM
  • Thanks Unni --  I haven't seen Blend 3 yet, but a find and replace would be great for the XAML editor--it would make this bug much less of a chore.  I'm using a third party xaml editor (kaxaml) to tweak my drawing brushes after ported them back into the resource dictionary.
    Purkiss
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:23 PM