Problem deploying to Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic Device RRS feed

• Question

• Up until this point I have been developing applications for Windows Mobile 6.0 devices without this particular issue showing up. Now we are beginning to update to a device that uses Windows Mobile Classic 6.1. I cannot get any of my old applications to work on this device. All the old applications use 3.5 framework and the Windows mobile 6.0 professional SDK.

So what I did was using Visual Studio 2008 Professional with the SP 2 I created a blank smartdevice application using 3.5 framework and the Windows mobile 6.0 professional SDK. The application just has a blank form with nothing else on it and when I try to run it on a device I get the same error I have been getting "ObjectDisposedException was unhandled". The code at which is stops is Me.Menu = mainMenu1.

Has anyone had this problem?

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried resetting and/or clean starting your device?

http://community.psionteklogix.com/discussions/f/160/p/2308/9583.aspx

Thanks

Binze

Binze Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by BrownRR Friday, December 31, 2010 5:39 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:25 AM
  • Hi Brown RR,

Basically ObjectDisposedException is comes when in the application object is disposed then application trying to use or access the disposed object that time you get ObjectDisposedException. I thing you are missing something in your code that why you are getting error. Please do review your code properly.

Hope it helps

- Pavan Pareta [MCTS - Windows Mobile 5.0] If you find my post is helpful for you then mark as a answer and vote it.
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Normally I agree but this problem pops up even on a blank form. What I've done to test this is start a new smart device application which consists of just a blank form I then run the application testing it on the device and the error happens. If I take a device that used Windows Mobile 6 classic it runs just fine.

Friday, December 31, 2010 5:32 AM
  • Normally I agree but this problem pops up even on a blank form. What I've done to test this is start a new smart device application which consists of just a blank form I then run the application testing it on the device and the error happens. If I take a device that used Windows Mobile 6 classic it runs just fine.

Brown ,

Please put your code snipet here:

Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Friday, December 31, 2010 5:37 AM