none
Portal issues when adding a disk from a different storage account

Question

• From @mrdenny via Twitter who tweets:

"Why is it that like 1/2 the things I try and do in the @Azure portal throw error messages? If you can't do it, why is it an option?"

When engaged the customer also added:
    "@AzureSupport see attached. Trying to add a disk from a different storage account breaks the portal

Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/mrdenny/status/652380356524572673 (Image included on tweet)

Thanks,
    @AzureSupport

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Was you able to make the same operation form the Azure classic portal?

In fact, the Azure Portal is still in preview, and you may sometimes encounter some issues.

For example, i tried to reproduce the same issue but it works fine for me.

Where are your storage account located ? (Region)

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

Friday, October 9, 2015 11:57 AM
  • In this case the classic portal is useless as I was attaching storage from a premium storage account to a VM which isn't stored in that account.  The new portal has been in "preview" for at least a year. Given that there's a lot of stuff which you can only do in it, it should work for the stuff that requires it (or PowerShell). These storage accounts are in US West.

Thank You, Denny Cherry | Independent Consultant mrdenny@mrdenny.com | (213) 97-DENNY www.mrdenny.com | blog.mrdenny.com

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:28 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please post any error messages you get from the debug console?

Thanks!

Monday, October 12, 2015 11:11 PM
  • Iwould, but apparently it's working on my laptop. I'll try when I get home in a few weeks on my desktop which were it wasn't working last time I tried.

Thank You, Denny Cherry | Independent Consultant mrdenny@mrdenny.com | (213) 97-DENNY www.mrdenny.com | blog.mrdenny.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:12 PM
  • As Samir stated, with the Azure Portal still being in preview, there will always be some odd issues every now and then. Please let us know if this problem still exists on your desktop when you get home.
    Friday, October 16, 2015 6:49 PM