Can't maintain session using IFrame in IE6 RRS feed

• Question

• User980304572 posted

Hi all,

I have asp iframe in different server.and an asp.net application in different server.When we are calling  asp.net application inside asp Iframe, the session is not maintaining in the asp.net application.The problem occurs only in Internet Explorer 6.But the application are working fine in IE7 and firefox.

thanks in advance

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:12 AM

Answers

• User-900677162 posted

HI, nandhucbm: 

If you implement a FRAMESET whose FRAMEs point to other Web sites on the networks of your partners or inside your network, but you use different top-level domain names, you may notice in Internet Explorer 6 that any cookies you try to set in those FRAMEs appear to be lost. This is most frequently experienced as a loss of session state in an Active Server Pages (ASP) or ASP.NET Web application. You try to access a variable in the Session object that you expect to exist, and a blank string is returned instead.

You also see this problem in a FRAMEs context if your Web pages alternate between the use of Domain Name System (DNS) names and the use of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

Internet Explorer 6 introduced support for the Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) Project. The P3P standard notes that if a FRAMESET or a parent window references another site inside a FRAME or inside a child window, the child site is considered third party content. Internet Explorer, which uses the default privacy setting of Medium, silently rejects cookies sent from third party sites.

More details and the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323752/en-us

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:06 PM

All replies

• User-900677162 posted

HI, nandhucbm: 

If you implement a FRAMESET whose FRAMEs point to other Web sites on the networks of your partners or inside your network, but you use different top-level domain names, you may notice in Internet Explorer 6 that any cookies you try to set in those FRAMEs appear to be lost. This is most frequently experienced as a loss of session state in an Active Server Pages (ASP) or ASP.NET Web application. You try to access a variable in the Session object that you expect to exist, and a blank string is returned instead.

You also see this problem in a FRAMEs context if your Web pages alternate between the use of Domain Name System (DNS) names and the use of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

Internet Explorer 6 introduced support for the Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) Project. The P3P standard notes that if a FRAMESET or a parent window references another site inside a FRAME or inside a child window, the child site is considered third party content. Internet Explorer, which uses the default privacy setting of Medium, silently rejects cookies sent from third party sites.

More details and the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323752/en-us

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:06 PM
  • User980304572 posted

Hi Rex Lin,

yah its working fine.

Thanks Rex.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 7:31 AM
  • User-1132692824 posted

hi nandhucbm i am not able to open that page. sorry unable to open is coming . what is the solution

Monday, February 7, 2011 2:52 AM
  • User-1132692824 posted

hey nandha kumar how you solved it . explain  briefly. 

Monday, February 7, 2011 2:54 AM