link to a new form RRS feed

• Question

• does anyone know how to get a link to a document or form library such that clicking on it opens a new document or form for the library as opposed to navigating to the library itself?
    Monday, June 11, 2007 9:03 PM

Answers

• Makes more sense. I just tried  this and it seems to work.

Go to your actuall library. Click on new. In your browser you will  get the URL you are being sent to. That is the URL to use each time you want to create a new form.

Let me know if it works.

Chris D, MCTS Sharepoint 2007

www.everythingsharepoint.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:29 PM

All replies

• If I understand correctly you want to link to the document directly. First go to the library where your document is. Right click on the document or edit the item. You will see the full link of the document. That is the URL you can use to link directly to the document itself. Thus you can give the Link to anyone, or link to it from an external site etc...

hope this help,

Chris, MCTS Sharepoint 2007

www.sharepoint07training.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:44 AM
  • Thanks for the response Chris.

I wasn't looking to send a link to an existing document.

Let me back up just a little, if I want to send someone a link to an infopath form I have published to a sharepoint form library I have to send a link to the from library, and depend on the user clicking on the "new" button in the library - then they can see/access the form. That might be fine for someone with moss/computer experience, but thats not an assumption I'm comfortable with. I'm hoping to find a way to send a link such that clicking the link would open the actual form and then the user would not have to do anything else to get to the form. The form would be a brand new item in the form library.

Appreciate it,

~Lou Sanderson

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:04 PM
  • Makes more sense. I just tried  this and it seems to work.

Go to your actuall library. Click on new. In your browser you will  get the URL you are being sent to. That is the URL to use each time you want to create a new form.

Let me know if it works.

Chris D, MCTS Sharepoint 2007

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:29 PM
  • That does work, I was making this A LOT harder than it actually was for some reason. Thx!
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:24 PM