Windows Store app without 3rd party MVVM Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone creating Windows Store apps using C#/XAML without using a 3rd party MVVM Framework like Caliburn or MVVM Light?

I've been trying to create a Windows Store app. As I have questions I search the internet for answers and most of the time the answers involve working with one of these frameworks. I don't have a problem with any of the frameworks except they aren't  very well documented so if you are someone trying to learn this stuff, it just adds to the learning curve.

I've been looking at developing with HTML/Javascript. I have just as much experience with HTML/Javascript as I do with C# and on the surface it seems like the development is so much more straight forward it seems like I must be missing something on the C#/XAML side.

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Answers

• Yes, many people are. MVVM frameworks are helpful for large apps, but are not required.

The sample code and wizard generated stub apps are a good place to start without those frameworks. Beyond that please feel free to post if you have specific questions.

--Rob

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:24 PM