Unable to delete folder or edit folder or assign permissions to folder in document library even with system account permissions... RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to edit folder or delete or assign permissions to folder in document library..When i am trying to edit or delete folder it is showing access denied even with system account permissions and when trying to assign permissions it is showing a correlation error.How to solve this errror...
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:31 AM

Answers

• Forget about correlation.I wanted to know first why am i not able to delete folder in libary or edit name in libary.It is showing access denied and nothing called corrrelation for this...When trying to edit or delete it is showing access denied..

It means you don't have proper permission or permission is breaking somewhere. We can not forget SP log if such case happens and we don't care to check log. If you ask such thing without any information then we may not able to help you because we will never know why it is happening. 

Please always remember, we have less visibility in forum about any issue so always give proper information for any issue or your setup.

Hope i make sense here

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Proposed as answer by PAG1 Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:58 PM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Ok, Can you check manage permissions and check permissions for system account on the folder.

-Kranthi

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please copy the correlation error, go to 14/logs, to the latest log file and search for a detailed error.

-Kranthi

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:40 AM
  • How would that help exactly in solving my error..Can u please be more clear and it is not about assigning permissions the real problem is not able to edit or delete the file when trying it is showing access denied even with system account.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Hi Reddy25,

>How would that help exactly in solving my error

It will help you to find more detail of error in log file. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS and take recent text file. Now find this correlation id in that text file to know more about this error.

Let us know that detail

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:17 AM
  • The error in the logs may help you understand the problem better. Getting to know the details of the error generally helps solving the problem.

-Kranthi

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:18 AM
  • Forget about correlation.I wanted to know first why am i not able to delete folder in libary or edit name in libary.It is showing access denied and nothing called corrrelation for this...When trying to edit or delete it is showing access denied..
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:54 AM

It means you don't have proper permission or permission is breaking somewhere. We can not forget SP log if such case happens and we don't care to check log. If you ask such thing without any information then we may not able to help you because we will never know why it is happening. 

Please always remember, we have less visibility in forum about any issue so always give proper information for any issue or your setup.

Hope i make sense here

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Ok, Can you check manage permissions and check permissions for system account on the folder.

-Kranthi

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:40 AM