How to add a shape into a powerpoint layout RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to lock a shape in Powerpoint by putting it into the layout. And after I am doing necessary my stuff, I want to unlock the shape by putting the shape out of the layout.

I can add a shape to layout from the menu. But there is no way to put the shape out of the Layout except implementing "undo" action.

AddShapeToLayout

Another thing is I don't know how to make it programmatically in code. 
    Thanks

Friday, October 10, 2014 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you want to put the shape out of the Layout manually or programmatically?

After researching, I failed to find a feature to put shapes out of layout directly in PowerPoint.

For a workaround, you can add the shape to My Shapes to store the shape firstly, and then remove the shape after clicking STORYBOARDING ribbon-> Layouts group -> Edit Layout button as followed to convert to Master View. At last, you can add the shape to the slide from My Shapes again.

If you want to do that programmatically, I'm afraid there is no API for this feature in PowerPoint Object Model.

Since your question is more related to client feature of PowerPoint, you can post in Office IT Pro General Discussions for more effective responses.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Try to use the Ungroup method of the Shape class.

Saturday, October 11, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

Do you want to put the shape out of the Layout manually or programmatically?

After researching, I failed to find a feature to put shapes out of layout directly in PowerPoint.

For a workaround, you can add the shape to My Shapes to store the shape firstly, and then remove the shape after clicking STORYBOARDING ribbon-> Layouts group -> Edit Layout button as followed to convert to Master View. At last, you can add the shape to the slide from My Shapes again.

If you want to do that programmatically, I'm afraid there is no API for this feature in PowerPoint Object Model.

Since your question is more related to client feature of PowerPoint, you can post in Office IT Pro General Discussions for more effective responses.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:07 AM