none
Azure Databricks - DR configuration

Question

• Based on the link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-databricks/howto-regional-disaster-recovery we can set up secondary Databricks cluster in the secondary region. I have a fundamental question - In case of fail over when we switch to the secondary cluster which utilizes secondary  storage (GR Storage). How the cluster will be working. GR storage is available as read-only.

I know Azure Storage Account with Microsoft Initiated fail-over providing facility to have secondary as Read-Write in case of fail-over is available in preview mode, is this being considered here or are we supposed to connect to the secondary directly.

Friday, February 22, 2019 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Kiran,

Geo-redundant storage (GRS) replicates your data asynchronously in two geographic regions that are at least hundreds of miles apart. If the primary region suffers an outage, then the secondary region serves as a redundant source for your data. You can initiate a failover to transform the secondary endpoint into the primary endpoint.

In the case of a failover, you'll have read and write access to that data after the failover has completed. For more information, please see Disaster recovery guidance and Understand the account failover process.

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 25, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Hi Kiran,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:23 PM
  • Yes, but this feature is in Preview and not GA. Do we know by when this will be GA
    Friday, March 1, 2019 5:07 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

Regarding service general availability, I would suggest to keep an eye on Azure updates.

Azure updates provide information about important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements.

Friday, March 1, 2019 6:27 AM