Deployed Lightswitch Autohosted App (Cloud Business App) not working anymore ... You do not have permission to view this directory or page. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A LightSwitch 2013 published AutoHosted App via the AppCatalog in O365 isn't working anymore. I get the message "You do not have permission to view this directory or page.".

This happened on three different O365 accounts where the App is installed. The Apps worked fine till last Thursday. Now suddenly all of them fail and nothing have been changed on the sites (from our site).

Anyone know what happens, and more important. What to do to solve it.

thanks,
    Clemens

Clemens

Monday, November 4, 2013 12:19 PM

Answers

• The O365 team fixed an issue that they saw in the logs for a few tenants.  I've talked to Clemens offline and he is still having the issue, is anyone else?

Thanks,
    Chris Rummel

Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:22 PM
  • This issue is specific to SharePoint apps that were auto-hosted and stopped working during the timeframe of this message.  "You do not have permission to view this directory or page" is a generic error that you could receive for a variety of reasons.

If you had an O365 deployed Auto-hosted application that was working and is experiencing the issue noted in this post, please contact O365 Support as this is outside of our control.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:04 PM

All replies

• You are not alone!

All our apps do not work anymore either, same problem. Tried re-trusting, re-deploying, no apps work at all.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Monday, November 4, 2013 1:14 PM
  • I just upgraded one failing project to VS2013 and it now publishes ok to O365 and even better, it works!

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Edited by Xpert360 Monday, November 4, 2013 2:35 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 2:27 PM
  • My LS App is already build with VS2013, removing and redeploying isn't an option due to production data in the LS tables.

Clemens

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:25 PM
  • If you try a new LS app in O365 does that work? It looks like rebuild picks-up some later bits.

Can you access the OData services at all directly or does that have a security problem. You may have to extract the data and reload into a new deployment. I wish the SQL Azure database was accessible so that getting data in/out was easier for auto-hosted apps.

Dave

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Sideloading to dev site works, also removing and redeploying the same App package works. So, I think it has nothing to do with new bits. I think there went something wrong with Azure or O365 upgrade. And redeploying fixes this again, something with trust.

forgot to mention, I also tried upgrading the App, that failed.

for

Clemens

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Thanks for reporting this, we are investigating.

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:45 PM
  • Hi Clemens,

Could I get your tenant name (https://something.sharepoint.com) and the app instance GUID?  You can get that from the link to the app in the SharePoint list, it looks like https://something.sharepoint.com/sites/Developer/_layouts/15/appredirect.aspx?instance_id=9630d2dc%2Dcf35%2D4e33%2Dbf25%2D528142aed9ad&dev_site_list=1.  You can just copy and paste that whole link if you want.

Thanks,
    Chris Rummel

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:28 PM
  • can I mail them?

Clemens

Monday, November 4, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Sure, you can mail them to msftcrummel@outlook.com.  Thanks!
    Monday, November 4, 2013 5:48 PM
  • The O365 team fixed an issue that they saw in the logs for a few tenants.  I've talked to Clemens offline and he is still having the issue, is anyone else?

Thanks,
    Chris Rummel

Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:22 PM
  • Hi Chris, we upgraded and/or redeployed all our O365 apps that we needed. We had no important data inside the autohosted apps it is all external. Thanks

Dave

Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:32 PM
  • Hi Chris, we upgraded and/or redeployed all our O365 apps that we needed. We had no important data inside the autohosted apps it is all external. Thanks

Dave

This is not solved jet!, The problem persist....
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:59 PM
  • This issue is specific to SharePoint apps that were auto-hosted and stopped working during the timeframe of this message.  "You do not have permission to view this directory or page" is a generic error that you could receive for a variety of reasons.

If you had an O365 deployed Auto-hosted application that was working and is experiencing the issue noted in this post, please contact O365 Support as this is outside of our control.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:04 PM
  • It has been worked around by me for our SharePoint sites. Never said it is fixed for anyone else, Chris wanted to hear back from people...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:05 PM

I'm not using O365 integration, my App is a simple LS 2012 v3 Web App with Silverlight Client... 

Alexander Matos

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:16 PM
  • I realize that, which is why I split this thread, you should have already received an email notification:

Split thread

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:20 PM