none
MS Expression Web and Adsense RRS feed

• Question

• I use MS Expression Web on Vista Home Premium.  My web broswer is IE9 when using Preview.

Something seems to have changed, at least for me.  A few years back I put Adsense into my DWTs.  Had no problems and worked as advertised.

I recently decided to modify my site with respect to adsense.  Removed the old adsense code and used my Adsense account to generate a new ad.  So far, so good.

Put the new ad into a DWT.  Even though I can publish my site and it and adsense works fine, I have a problem loading and saving pages in Expression Web that use that DWT, and the DWT itself.  All other pages load, edit and save quickly, as always, the ones with the Adsense script load and save very slowly.  Perhaps 30 to 45 seconds.  Works.... just slowly.  When I remove the adsense script, then loading editing and saving the pages goes back to normal.

What is happening to cause this for the pages with Adsense script?

Thank you for your help.

Joe Frain

Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:29 PM

Answers

• If you are referencing a script or scripts on the web, then EW is looking for and downloading that script from the internet when you open the page.  Its the speed of doing that  - the server the script is on, your connection - that you are probably waiting for.  What changed between your old code and your new code is not an EW question or issue, but an adsense code / adsense server issue.

Meanwhile, try commenting out the adsense code when you are working on those pages.

• Marked as answer by Joe Frain Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:15 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:14 PM
  • My first guess would be that the newer adsense code is calling remote resources located on external servers, and that it is slow response from those remote resources that is causing the delay. Unfortunately, this is not an EW issue, but an issue with the remote servers.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Joe Frain Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:12 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• If you are referencing a script or scripts on the web, then EW is looking for and downloading that script from the internet when you open the page.  Its the speed of doing that  - the server the script is on, your connection - that you are probably waiting for.  What changed between your old code and your new code is not an EW question or issue, but an adsense code / adsense server issue.

Meanwhile, try commenting out the adsense code when you are working on those pages.

• Marked as answer by Joe Frain Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:15 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:14 PM
  • My first guess would be that the newer adsense code is calling remote resources located on external servers, and that it is slow response from those remote resources that is causing the delay. Unfortunately, this is not an EW issue, but an issue with the remote servers.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Joe Frain Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:12 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:18 PM
  • Thanks Scott

That all makes sense.  I will check, but I suspect that Adsense support will not have an answer and that I will have to work around it.

Joe

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:14 PM
  • Thank you for your quick response. 

As I replied to Scott, it all makes sense.  I will check with Adsense support, but I suspect I must live with it.

Your suggestion that I comment out the adsense code while working with a page will probably be a great work around.

Thank you,

Joe Frain

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:20 PM