none
Error uninstalling Exchange 2016

Question

• Error:
    The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
              if (Get-Service MpsSvc* | ?{$_.Name -eq 'MpsSvc'})
              {
                Set-Service MpsSvc -StartupType Automatic
                Start-SetupService -ServiceName MpsSvc
              }
            " was run: "Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ServiceCommandException: Service 'Windows Defender Firewall (MpsSvc)' cannot be configured due to the following error: Access is denied ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---".

Can't uninstall Exchange 2016. Help needed. Thanks

Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:45 AM

All replies

• Hi AVSupport,

Have you checked this link:

Unable to Uninstall Exchange Server 2016 Due to MpsSvc Access Denied Error

For example, Temporarily disable windows defender ?

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:16 AM
  • Please share operating system version.

Also did you tried uninstall by making defender service disable.

Here are steps:-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027187/windows-10-turn-off-antivirus-protection-windows-security

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-3679498/

Also please make sure that you have local administration rights and Exchange admin rights on server to uninstall it.

Thanks,

Ashish

Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:38 PM
  • Yes I read that thread. It was actually uninstalling just the console on a Windows 10 machine. I am attempting to uninstall Exchange 2016 from a Windows Server 2016 machine. I have migrated to a new Windows 2019 server with Exchange 2019 and not need to decommission the old server.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:56 PM
  • I have disabled the Windows defender services and am greeted with the same message upon attempting to uninstall.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:57 PM