Calendar view and [today] RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

i have a maintenance calendar set up on sharepoint 2007, on the main page i have it set up as a view of [today] maintenance, which display fine.

i have set up a colum that has the start date = today in the view.

only problem is for reccurrances it doesnt show up, eg every friday as the start date 2 fridays ago.

also, for maintenances that start on monday and end on wednesday, does not show up on tuesday as the start date is monday not tuesday.

i have tried setting up 2 colums with end and start date, and have the start date =< today and end date =>today.  this works but for maintenances that run on friday will show on wednesday due to it being a recurrance.

is there away around this?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Glenmoe85,

Thank you for your question.
    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,
    Lhan Han
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Hi Glenmoe,

Thank you for the post. The date filters might not work as expected for recurrence events. You may try the "current events" view and filter it accordingly. If this is not helping, you will probably have to build a custom code solution like a web part to show only the today's items. Blog post here will help provide you more understanding of SharePoint calendar and different calender item types.

Thanks..

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:14 AM