Customized the NewForm.aspx; when click on New Folder, the customized NewForm.aspx is displayed instead of New Folder form RRS feed

• Question

• After I have customized the NewForm.aspx, the New Folder function is crashed.

When clicking on the New Folder button, the NewForm.aspx is displayed and I cannot enter the folder name.

Please help. Thanks.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:20 AM

Answers

• I assume you customized the NewForm.aspx for a document library via SharePoint Designer. In fact, the new document form for SharePoint document library is upload.aspx page by default. The New Folder link is also referring to the upload.aspx page. Reason for this issue might be the upload.aspx was incorrectly customized.  Upload.aspx page is an application page and all the application pages will be available under 14/Template/Layouts folder. So we cannot customize the form using the method you done in SharePoint Designer. In order to customize the Upload.aspx page, please try the steps below:

1.     Copy the Upload.aspx under 14/Template/Layouts folder and paste it as “CustomUpload.aspx”
    2.     Add a <script> block with “runat = server” tag in “customupload.aspx” page.
    3.     Add your custom code there.
    4.     You can refer the UploadPage class in the Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages Namespace in the "Microsoft.Sharepoint.ApplicationPages.dll"

Thanks & Regards.

• Marked as answer by Lily Wu Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:01 AM