none
Need help creating a school bell that plays music at a specific time chosen RRS feed

• Question

• Clearly lost right now as to where to start. All I know is that my array is two dimensional.

thanks

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:52 AM

All replies

• Clearly lost right now as to where to start. All I know is that my array is two dimensional.

What array is that?  A good place to start is a description of how the process would happen if it was being done manually: that usually indicates how you would design an application.  For instance, you might have person who sits at a desk with a buzzer that goes off every few minutes.  When the buzzer sounds they know that they need to look at the clock, then look at their schedule.  If the time on the clock matches an item in their schedule than they know that they need to ring a bell.  If that procedure corresponds to what you are trying to do, consider how that might be translated into an application.  If it doesn't match, consider a different scenario that is more realistic.
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:44 AM
  • This is actually two or more separate problems. Creating a school bell and doing it at a specified time are separate problems. People that try to help others might not answer a question if they don't have answers to everything.

Note that you can use the Task Scheduler in the Control Panel to schedule a program to execute based on a schedule. I don't know what "creating a school bell" means but you should clarify what that means and write a program to do that.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:55 PM
  • All I know is that my array is two dimensional.

Is this because you've figured a two dimensional array would help you store some interface codes required by the school bell hardware?

Or is this because it's a homework assignment and your teacher/professor told you to use a 2-dimensional array?

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:31 PM
  • Hi,

create a sound of a bell or whatever you need. Save it. Create an application to play that sound. Run it at the given/needed times and dates.

So, for the start... please tell us with which part of the above you have difficulties.

Regards,

Thorsten

Thursday, June 1, 2017 12:10 AM