none
Console message in loop after conecting 7" LCD wiht AM335x BSP ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

we have own board with 256 MB RAM and Cortex A8 processor.. After building the OS  with KITL Enabled, the images are generating fine. I placed the images in MSD card and start booting the board. It was done properly without connecting LCD. But when I connect 3.5 Inch LCD, it was booting accurately and with 7" LCD, I got some message on Debug Console in loop as shown below: -

TI AM33X Revision 2.1
    System ready!
    Preparing for download...
    INFO: Predownload....
    Reserving BootBlocks
    Checking bootloader blocks are marked as reserved (Num = 18)
    done
    Reading BootCfg
    INFO: Boot configuration found. Boot config Version 3, Signature 1111705159
    ShowLogo
    OALFlashStoreOpen: 4096 blocks, 64 sectors/block
    OALFlashStoreOpen: 2048 bytes/sector, 18 reserved blocks
    IsValidMBR: MBR sector = 0x480 (valid MBR)
    OpenPartition: Partitioþë
                             ±½?Common Library Version 1.4 Built May  9 2014 09:45:28
    INFO:OALLogSetZones: dpCurSettings.ulZoneMask: 0x8009

Texas Instruments Windows CE EBOOT for AM33x, Built May  9 2014 at 09:53:05
    EBOOT Version 0.0.1, BSP PHYTEC PhyCORE_AM335x BSP 2.0.00 EFUSE: 13e2f

TI AM33X Revision 2.1
    System ready!
    Preparing for download...
    INFO: Predownload....
    Reserving BootBlocks
    Checking bootloader blocks are marked as reserved (Num = 18)
    done
    Reading BootCfg
    INFO: Boot configuration found. Boot config Version 3, Signature 1111705159
    ShowLogo
    OALFlashStoreOpen: 4096 blocks, 64 sectors/block
    OALFlashStoreOpen: 2048 bytes/sector, 18 reserved blocks

But when i remove the LCD it start working fine with accurate debug console menu options.. I am also strange that why its displaying such kind of msg while connecting 7" LCD ???

And more over, when i remove the MSD card it should display CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC but its displaying the same messages ....... Dont know the reason

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:24 PM

All replies

• I guess, when you remove SD Card if the ROM Bootloader can't find any bootable device then it will display CCCCCCC. As it is not displaying the continuous "C" means it able to find a bootable device other than SD Card.

Just to make sure that it is rebooting from SD Card rebuild the EBOOT related components, so that you will see a change in time stamp.

Regarding 3" and 7" LCD issues, you can compare the hardware differences between by listing the HW Pins side by side.

When 3" LCD is connected what are log messages are you seeing?

Regards,

GSR

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:25 AM
  • Hello GSRid,

Thanks for valuable reply, but the thing is that the same image is working with different image with both LCD's. And your point is very valid about booting from which place.... After erasing the images from NAND and making corresponding jumper setting ... it' still booting from NAND with 7" LCD... So, my guess is that the problem may be with the LCD mapper ........ 

we have tested with many mappers and faced the same problem. Our H/W team is working on it and when ever I will get reply I will intimate .....

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:03 AM