none
Best Practice for XML Creation from Database for Exporting data RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am developing one windows service for Exchange data between SQL database and third party system. I have xml as a standards for data exchange.

For data inbound, i have a common shared folder so that the other system generates xml in this folder. I just read this xml and processed to the database using widows service. After process xml will move to the other folder. I used System.Timers.Timer for this to check newly arrived xmls. This is fine .

Now need to create xml from my database so that the other system can read. The data need to share based on time and event based. Which is the best method? The same service is best or SQL job agent is best? If i use the same service how i control reading and writing? using thread? If Agent is used how can i create xml from tables based on my xml structure

Can anyone guid me on this?

• Edited by akhilrajau Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:44 AM

All replies

• hi ,

Can anyone help me on this.. I need to export th data to the xml so that the third party can take the data from the xml. I need to export the data as xml. The data export is event based (some data insert into the table) and schedule based. Can anyone give best practice for doing this? Through stored procedure and job agent or using windows service and serialize the object into xml?

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:00 AM