Unknown collection member on Expression RRS feed

• Question

• I have a developer who is the first one to use SSRS 2008. We are trying to create a report that is just like the one they used in 2005. Whenever he creates the first field and adds the expression we get a red line underneath anything he uses, and when you mouse over it we see "Unknown Collection Member". I've included a picture of the example .

The value of the expression is =First(Fields!ParentGardian.Value)

In the Expression window, the red line is under Fields!ParentGardian.Value
    Monday, March 1, 2010 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

If you delete the field ‘Fields!ParentGardian.Value’, then you will see the red line underneath the field ‘Fields!Address1.Value’, because there is no available field in this dialog. I mean do not write expression yourself, drag the filed form the Value pane to the expression dialog, but, there is no filed in Value pane. Something should like this:

Remember to bind dataset to the tablix.

Hope this helps,

Raymond

• Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Monday, March 8, 2010 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:42 AM

All replies

• And what is the red line telling us exactly? The Report will still run from the Preview window.
    Monday, March 1, 2010 3:31 PM
  • Hi Jason,

If you delete the field ‘Fields!ParentGardian.Value’, then you will see the red line underneath the field ‘Fields!Address1.Value’, because there is no available field in this dialog. I mean do not write expression yourself, drag the filed form the Value pane to the expression dialog, but, there is no filed in Value pane. Something should like this:

Remember to bind dataset to the tablix.

Hope this helps,

Raymond

• Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Monday, March 8, 2010 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:42 AM