Frame Properties RRS feed

• Question

• The help index says to change the frames to right click on frame and then open FRAME PROPERTIES.
    I do not have frame properties as an option. Is there another way to change the frames.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:40 PM

Answers

• Are you talking about frames?  

As Steve asked, do you see the definition of a frame in Code View?

You meantion a template.  Do you mean a website template that came with EW?  They don't have frames.  They have DWTs with editable areas.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:32 PM
  • I'm not sure what you want to do, except to say that "frame" is most likely not it (there are good reasons not to use them).

To change the DWT, edit the file that ends in ".dwt".  It has two types of areas:  Areas that are not editable in the other pages (such as headings, navigation, footers), and areas that are editable, and will be different in each page created from the DWT.   Change the common areas in the DWT, and those changes will apply to all the other pages.  Change the editable areas in each page.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:54 PM

All replies

• Do you see this in code view:
    <iframe name="Iframe1">
        Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
       </iframe>

If not, you don't have a frame inserted.

Click Insert > HTML > More HTML and then drag an inline frame to the page from the toolbox.

FrontPage MVP
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:52 PM
  • You should get 'Frame Properties' when you right-click any page in frame layout from Design or Split views. What are you getting when you right click?

Ian

http://www.ew-resource.co.uk
    http://www.fp-resource.co.uk

Ian Haynes
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:57 PM
  • page properties   but there is nothing highlighted as options

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:05 PM
  • I just tried that .   how do I insert a frame into the template.  or change the frames already there
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:06 PM
  • Are you talking about frames?  

As Steve asked, do you see the definition of a frame in Code View?

You meantion a template.  Do you mean a website template that came with EW?  They don't have frames.  They have DWTs with editable areas.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:32 PM
  • your right   about the DWT's

so can I add to the bottom of the frame .   my site is circleoffriends.info
    take a look and you will see what I mean

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:43 PM
  • I'm not sure what you want to do, except to say that "frame" is most likely not it (there are good reasons not to use them).

To change the DWT, edit the file that ends in ".dwt".  It has two types of areas:  Areas that are not editable in the other pages (such as headings, navigation, footers), and areas that are editable, and will be different in each page created from the DWT.   Change the common areas in the DWT, and those changes will apply to all the other pages.  Change the editable areas in each page.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:54 PM
  • thank you for your help
    Have a good day

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:30 PM