WinJS WinJS.UI.Pages.define ready not fireing

Question

• I have been very busy building my app and testing it using ripple, all was working fine till I tested it on Wp8 Emulator and found that the  WinJS.UI.Pages.define ready function is not firing. I can see html on page but controls are not processed.
    I am using the js  cordova template
    Any ideas why, seeing it works on ripple I think I must be close. Thanks

Alan Mosley - ThatsIT Solutions

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Alan,

The function should fire with a default WinJS app.

Not sure why the ready function is not fired, but since you are using ripple with js cordova template, I would recommend you ask question at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ripple/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel to report/find if its the issue with ripple.

Thanks for your understanding,

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:08 AM
  • I think you misunderstand it works on ripple, but not on other Emulators or devices.

But I have since found a cordova navigation sample that works, https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/WinJS-Navigation-Template-50112ea9/view/SourceCode

Thanks

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:15 AM
  • Sorry about such stupid misunderstanding :P

Does this sample works fine with the emulator or device?

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:21 AM
  • Yes it does, but yet to adapt it to my project yet. Will let you know if all works, thanks

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:26 AM
  • Great!.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:33 AM
  • no luck, when I add code to my project the same happens, works in ripple but not on device (Windows 8.1 Phone) or emulators.
    My app is winjs 4.0 while the sample is 3.1.

I add 4.0 to sample and see if still works

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:44 AM
  • Sample works with 4.0, I will have to go slowly thought and see if I can spot the diff.
    Thanks

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:49 AM
  • I have  new 2015 cordova project that will not run page on device or emulator, I have copied each page from the same over to the new project and still will not run.
    I cant work it out

Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:05 AM
  • I have got the first page loaded by Application.PageControlNavigator  to fire its Pages.define function, but the next page I navigate to does not.
    I have spent a long time trying to work out what is different with no, luck.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:22 PM