none
Reverse Engineering Protection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i'm aware of the "Reverse Engineering" and how it reveals or display the code inside my app, but i have a question.

does it only reveal my app codes or it also give the ability to manipulate my code or change it also.

And if they can't do it by "Reverse Engineering", can they do it by other tool so I can search for them get protection against that too.

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• There is no such thing like "Reverse Engineering Protection", cause the processor has to execute it, thus there is a program a human can read. Any tool in this field is either an obfuscation tool, which alters the code, often after your entire test suites have run (very bad) or they use some mechanisms to avoid simple debugging etc.

Reverse Engineering per se means by analyzing the product to rebuild it. Analyzing includes a lot of possible approaches: like decompiling or black box testing.

"give the ability to manipulate my code or change it also." This does not have anything to do with reverse engineering. Code could be altered. There is no reverse engineering necessary to do that.

The only thing, which makes some sense by terms of "protection" is to used signed code. So that the user can see, when code was changed or is not from you.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:37 AM
  • See the following post, it does not matter the language e.g. VB.NET or C# and this is not reverse engineering.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33353417/injecting-and-modifying-c-sharp-executable

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by AbanoubZak Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:41 AM