drivers - Installing Windows Developer Preview (x 86) on a Samsung RV511

Question

• Has anybody else tried the Windows 8 Developer Preview (x 86) on a Samsung RV511?

I'm having an issue with display drivers for the Intel HD Graphics chipset. I cannot find drivers that will allow resolution higher than 1024 x 768. I've tried the drivers in the Win 8 DP (of course), the latest drivers from Samsung and the latest drivers from Intel. All drivers tried work fine in Win 7 x86.

Basically, I'm trying to find another RV511 where the Win 8 DP was tried.
    Sunday, November 06, 2011 2:07 AM

Answers

• If the Windows 7 drivers you downloaded don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Some drivers might be available using Windows Update.

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:09 AM