none
How to load/close content/task pane apps through VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• hi, there, 

Is there any way to load/close content/task pane apps through VSTO?

I have developed a web apps, and it is published to client successfully. This time, I want to developed a VSTO addin, which will load/close above app pragmatically in c#. is it possible and any reference?  Thanks!  

Saturday, May 24, 2014 11:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Zhangjiajun

As far as I can tell, no, there's nothing in the object model that supports integrating with an App for Office.

Through the Ribbon interface (CommandBars.ExecuteMso) it's possible to open the interfaces for the App Store and the dialog box where apps are listed. But there's nothing that gives access to the actual apps.

Theoretically, if the user has already selected the App once so that it appears in the Insert/Apps/My Apps dropdown list you could get to it using SendKeys. But since you can't possible know whether the entry is in that list and in which position the approach really isn't useful.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:16 PM

All replies

• hi, there, 

Is there any way to load/close content/task pane apps through VSTO?

I have developed a web apps, and it is published to client successfully. This time, I want to developed a VSTO addin, which will load/close above app pragmatically in c#. is it possible and any reference?  Thanks!   

Saturday, May 24, 2014 11:18 AM
  • Hi Zhangjiajun

As far as I can tell, no, there's nothing in the object model that supports integrating with an App for Office.

Through the Ribbon interface (CommandBars.ExecuteMso) it's possible to open the interfaces for the App Store and the dialog box where apps are listed. But there's nothing that gives access to the actual apps.

Theoretically, if the user has already selected the App once so that it appears in the Insert/Apps/My Apps dropdown list you could get to it using SendKeys. But since you can't possible know whether the entry is in that list and in which position the approach really isn't useful.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:16 PM
  • Hello,

You can try to check the CustomTaskPaneCollection . To access the CustomTaskPaneCollection object, use the CustomTaskPanes field of the ThisAddIn class in your add-in project. If your task is listed there, then you can set the Visible property to false. See Walkthrough: Synchronizing a Custom Task Pane with a Ribbon Button . Also you may find the Managing Custom Task Panes in Multiple Application Windows article in MSDN helpful.

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:25 PM